Considering a Windows server upgrade? Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2011 offers valuable enhancements
Windows SBS 2011 has evolved as the way we do business has evolved, allowing for easier collaboration and secure remote access so small businesses can be more productive. The newest version of Windows SBS features reduced complexity and increased manageability over traditional enterprise servers, allowing small organizations to focus on running a more efficient business. Built with Windows Server 2008 R2, Exchange 2010, and SharePoint Foundation 2010, SBS 2011 provides all of the features users expect in an enterprise network, but without the enterprise cost. By integrating the various core services into a single package, the small business server bundle is a snap to manage and makes small IT departments’ jobs a little easier.
Big features, affordable price
Here are some of the features that make Windows SBS 2011 worth the upgrade:
- SBS 2011 makes it easier than ever to add and manage file shares via SharePoint Foundation 2010 — collaborate securely online no matter where you are.
- Integrated Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft Outlook Web Access capabilities provide access your business data from anywhere at anytime — securely access all of your communications—e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging, files, calendars, tasks, and contacts through any common browser—from virtually any platform, Web-browser, or device.
- Streamline document access and control information sharing from a central data repository instead of having different version of the same document stored in several places .
- Simplified backup and disaster recovery helps protect your valuable business data.
- Simplified IT management lets small business address technology issues before they occur via a unified view of network health and security from one administrative console. SBS 2011’s console is a one-stop shop for IT to perform day-to-day maintenance on the domain, including user maintenance, server backup, and security status .
- SBS 2011 server console lets admins easily push out updates to all of their connected PCs from a central location. Instead of each PC being responsible for its updates, they are downloaded once to the SBS server, then distributed to the PCs.
- Use any browser, not just Internet Explorer to access feature like the Outlook Web App and Remote Web Access. This is an added bonus as browser like Mozilla’s Firefox, Google’s Chrome and Apple’s Safari browsers gain popularity.
- The browser-based email portal is significantly improved over previous versions.
SBS 2011 is available in two versions: Standard (for up to 75 users) and Essentials (for up to 25 users). Essentials doesn’t include a copy of Exchange or SharePoint Foundation on the local server. All email and collaboration is done in the cloud through services such as Microsoft’s Office 365.
Need help upgrading?
ACE IT Solutions can provide the highest levels of technical expertise, assist in determining which edition of SBS 2011 is best for your specific business needs, and install the product, as well as provide additional services or support. Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646-571-3957 to get SBS 2011 up and running. for more information.
Want more details on SBS 2011. Downoad our info sheet.