With cyber crime on the rise, businesses of all sizes are required to react to today’s ever-evolving security environment, which has created a growing demand for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions. SIEM solutions analyze security event data in real time for internal and external threat management, and collect, store, analyze and report on log data for incident response, forensics and regulatory compliance.
SIEM solutions are invaluable for cyber security management and compliance. There are a variety of SIEM solutions on the market and determining which solution is best for your businesses will depend on a variety of factors, including budget and regulatory requirements.
Here are six key points to consider when evaluating and deploying a SIEM solution.
1. Avoid single-purpose SIEM tools – Look for a solution with built-in security detection tools such as asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, network analysis, wireless intrusion detection, host-based intrusion detection, network-based intrusion detection, file integrity monitoring, log management.
2. Determine use cases before you start evaluating solutions – This will help you prioritize data sources
3. Imagine worst-case scenarios to inform your incident response strategy
4. Include built-in threat intelligence that utilizes the latest in threat intelligence information
5. Use IP reputation data to identify exposures inside and outside the network, to prioritize alarms and to monitor your business’ reputation
6. Automate deployment
Evaluating SIEM solutions from various vendors can be overwhelming. ACE IT Solutions has carefully vetted SIEM solutions so we can easily help you find a solution that meets your business’ unique requirements. IBM, an ACE IT Solutions business partner, is listed as the leader in Gartner’s SIEM magic quadrant, ranking highest for vision and for ability to execute. According to Gartner “IBM has delivered outstanding solutions to customers in this critical and strategic marketplace.”
Contact us for more details on SIEM solutions. 646.558.5575.
Read more about Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for SIEM: here