Today’s organizations need to govern and enforce user access across multiple channels, including mobile, social and cloud. At the same time, they must address business needs such as role management, compliance and audit reporting and integration of various user populations. Identity and access management solutions (IMAC) help strengthen compliance and reduce risk by protecting and monitoring user access in today’s multi-perimeter environments.
IMAC sets the business objectives for the control of access to IT systems and data. It forms the foundation upon which the processes and technologies for the management of identities and access to IT systems are chosen, built, and operated. It provides the justification for the way in which access to the IT systems is controlled and the actions to be taken if these controls are breached. One of the major objectives of Identity Governance is to mitigate risks. These risks include the theft of information, fraud through the improper manipulation of systems and data, as well as the subversion of IT systems.
Good identity governance adds business value and reduces costs in a number of different ways aside from providing data security and data loss prevention — it focusses effort on business objectives; it improves understanding and helps to facilitate communication between the different parts of an organization.
Here’s how Identity Management and Access Control (IMAC) works:
- Helps support enterprise IT security and regulatory compliance — proving
compliance requires an active directory audit to confirm that the access to sensitive data is properly managed.
- It is designed to help organizations effectively manage identities and application access by bridging the gaps across compliance, business and IT infrastructure operations.
- Ace IT Solutions will scan the network server(s) and share(s) to provide an analysis of folder and file hierarchy, highlighting specific user and group access permissions to the shares and files.
- Upon completion of the report, Ace IT Solutions will sit down with all parties to present findings and discuss if further action is needed.
- The report will serve as an overview to client management, to review the previously defined security privileges and determine whether or not change is needed.
Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646.558.6358 to set up your active directory audit today. Don’t let this key cybersecurity measure fall through the cracks.