According to Kurt DelBene, President of the Microsoft Office Division, “Microsoft Office 365 is the best of everything we know about productivity, all in a single cloud service. Microsoft Office 365 brings the full power of Microsoft’s business productivity platform to organizations of all types and sizes and will define productivity in the cloud for the next generation.”
Office 365, which replaces Business Online Productivity Suite (BPOS), combines the familiar Microsoft Office desktop suite with online versions of their next-generation communications and collaboration services: Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Lync Online. Office 365 will be offered in three different options so your business can select the version that is best for your business.
Key benefits of Microsoft Office 365 (according to Microsoft):
- Anywhere-access to email, documents, contacts, and calendars on nearly any device
- Work seamlessly with Microsoft Office and the other programs your users already count on everyday
- Business-class features including IT-level phone support, geo-redundancy, and disaster recovery
- Pay-as-you-go pricing options which give you predictability and flexibility for all or part of your organization
- Financially-backed, guaranteed 99.9% service uptime
- Industry-leading, always-up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spam solutions
Office 365 will be available for purchase in 2011. Beta user reviews on Office 365 are yet to come in. Check back: We will keep our readers informed as more details and reviews on the newest Microsoft cloud computing platform become available.
Contact ACE IT Solutions to discuss integrating Office 360 into your IT infrastructure. As a Microsoft partner, ACE IT Solutions can make your transition to Office 365 seamless and minimize downtime by planning and implementing a deployment strategy using your existing infrastructure.
For more information on Office 360, see the official Office 365 website.