Protecting against cyber attacks is a never ending challenge, especially for SMBs. SMBs face the same cybersecurity issues as larger enterprises, but their smaller budgets make defending against hackers more of a challenge. SMBs don’t have the access to security experts and SMBs’ IT staff is busy focusing on mission-critical issues; therefore SMB are less prepared to deal with cyber attacks — which makes SMBs an attractive target.
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) offers cost-effective cyber protection for SMBs seeking to safeguard their intellectual property, protect their customer identities and avoid business disruptions. SIEM provides contextual and actionable surveillance across the entire IT infrastructure, helping businesses detect and remediate threats often missed by other security solutions. These threats can include inappropriate use of applications; insider fraud; and advanced, “low and slow” threats easily lost in the “noise” of millions of events.
SIEM is essential for cybersecurity. SIEM consolidates log source event data from thousands of devices endpoints and applications distributed throughout a network. It performs immediate normalization and correlation activities on raw data to distinguish real threats from false positives. Without centralized log aggregation and event correlation, it is impossible to properly defend your network.
Benefits of SIEM for SMBs:
- Provides near real-time visibility for threat detection and prioritization, delivering surveillance throughout the entire IT infrastructure.
- Reduces and prioritizes alerts to focus investigations on an actionable list of suspected incidents.
- Enables more effective threat management while producing detailed data access and user activity reports.
- Supports easier, faster installation and includes time-saving tools and features.
- Produces detailed data access and user activity reports to help manage compliance. SIEM provides the transparency, accountability and measurability critical to an organization’s success in meeting regulatory mandates and reporting on compliance.
- Offers one of the industry’s highest service level agreements (SLAs) for uptime and availability, providing rapid, significant value beyond data collection, correlation, analysis and reporting
ACE IT Solutions partners with IBM to offer SIEM for SMBs to help them effectively fend off cyber attacks. IBM Security QRadar SIEM consolidates log source event data from thousands of devices endpoints and applications distributed throughout a network. It performs immediate normalization and correlation activities on raw data to distinguish real threats from false positives. As an option, this software incorporates IBM Security X-Force® Threat Intelligence which supplies a list of potentially malicious IP addresses including malware hosts, spam sources and other threats. IBM Security QRadar SIEM can also correlate system vulnerabilities with event and network data, helping to prioritize security incidents.
Contact us at 646.558.5575 for more details.