2017 was an epic year for privacy breaches and cybersecurity issues. To start 2018 with a stronger IT security strategy, we are offering this simple and effective guidance:
- Social engineering is the number one way hackers are getting into your systems. They are going after the human link—the weakest link in IT security. Hackers know it is too easy to create a scam email that tricks your employees to hand over their credentials. Security awareness training about social engineering attacks is the best way to boost your human cybersecurity shield.
- Ransomware is expected to get worse in 2018. The downtime caused by ransomware can be massive and extremely disruptive. Have a plan in place to deal with ransomware BEFORE it happens. ACE IT Solutions has helped clients deal with ransomware. We have the solutions to help prevent the occurrence of ransomware. Do not pay the ransom. Do not wait to contact ACE IT Solutions until it is too late.
- Legally you are required to act “reasonably” and take “necessary” measures to cope with a threat. If you don’t, you violate either compliance laws, regulations, or recent case law. Your organization must take into account today’s social engineering risks and “scale security measures to reflect the threat”. Today, data breaches cause practically instant class action lawsuits. It is surprisingly cost-effective to engage in a security awareness training campaign for your employees.
- Cybersecurity starts and ends with the CEO. Once it becomes clear that your organization has been hacked and did not deploy a simple, effective strategy that could have prevented a hack — like basic security awareness training — it is very likely the top-level management will be held responsible for the oversight. Target’s CEO and CISO are just one, of many, recent examples.
- In May 2017, more than 560 million login credentials were found on an anonymous online database in the dark web, including roughly 243.6 million unique email addresses and passwords. Our technology partner, KnowBe4 is offering a complimentary Email Exposure Check (EEC), to show you email addresses associated with your business that are out there for the bad guys to find.
KnowBe4’s EEC Pro crawls social media information and hundreds of breach databases for each email address of your domain. Copy and paste this in your browser to run your EEC Pro. Fill out the form, and in less than 5 minutes you get a detailed report: https://info.knowbe4.com/email-exposure-check-pro-chn
ACE IT Solutions can help you design a cybersecurity risk management program based on your business’ unique risk profile. Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646-558-6358 to discuss the results of your test and the steps you can take to secure your infrastructure.