With employees using so many different network access points, from cell phones to laptops to personal computers, how can you organization hope to keep your network safe from hackers, viruses and other unintentional security breaches?
There isn’t one magic bullet. Instead, business must take a multi-faceted approach. People, process, technology:
- Never assume your employees know anything about cybersecurity and best practices
- Train your employees in cybersecurity awareness
- Use phishing testing to gauge the strength of your “human cybersecurity shield”
- Work with an established, capable technology team that is fully up to date with the latest skills and qualifications to ensure that appropriate controls, technologies and practices are implemented to fight the latest cyber threats
- Everyone in the business needs to be aware of their role in preventing and reducing cyber threats, whether it’s handling sensitive data, understanding how to spot phishing emails or the use of BYOD
- Create an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and TRAIN your employees on how to use company devices and other security protocols
- Establish a strong password policy
- Always follow best practices when establishing policies
- Processes also need to be continually reviewed: cyber threats change quickly and processes need to adapt with them
- Organizations must be constantly be vigilant about installing and constantly updating their firewalls, antivirus, spam-filtering software and backups.
- Working with a managed services technology partner can minimize errors and help companies ensure consistency and speed as they fight off potential threats.
- Complete an audit of your security posture to determine what is working, what needs improvement, and what’s missing.
Businesses trust ACE IT Solutions to protect their networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of customizable cybersecurity services to meet your organization’s specific risk profile and compliance needs.
Our cybersecurity program is designed to ensure the security, integrity, and uninterrupted delivery of information so that we can support our clients’ growth objectives. We’ve structured our cybersecurity program to stay ahead of — and effectively respond to — cyber threats and their diverse, multi-faceted attacks. Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646.558.6358 to set up a cybersecurity consultation.