Why the Dark Web is a Threat
Criminals use the dark web to buy and sell stolen user credentials, including email addresses, usernames and passwords they use to access high value accounts. Credentials are often captured via phishing attacks, unbeknownst to the user. A business might not know they have been hacked until the information appears on the dark web.
The only way to prevent hackers from selling your data to other criminals is for firms to monitor the Dark Web and respond. Dark Web Monitoring provides early detection, alerting clients when credentials are discovered on the dark web.
What you can do to identify & mitigate risk:
- Use external threat intelligence to monitor for compromised data and stay on top of the latest threats.
- Use a layered approach to security.
- Put a compliant data breach response plan in place.
- Train staff about security awareness, including phishing, handling of sensitive client information and industry best practices.
- Scan the dark web to identify, analyze and proactively monitor for your organization’s compromised or stolen employee and customer data.
We highly recommend dark web monitoring and intelligence to our clients who want to bolster their cyber risk management program. With our Dark Web Monitoring service, we can detect if your company is at risk due to exposed credentials
ACE IT Solutions offers around the clock monitoring and alerting for increasingly compromised digital credentials, scouring millions of sources, including botnets, criminal chat rooms, peer-to-peer networks, malicious websites, bulletin boards and illegal black market sites.