Senior Azure Engineer
As the Senior Azure Engineer (SAE), you will be providing high-order technical services for our internal teams and clients. The SAE possesses an advanced technical skill set focused on the Microsoft Azure ecosystem which will be required for architecting technical solutions, technical auditing, advising during advanced escalations, complex project implementation tasks, reviewing engineering quality, and assisting leadership in maintaining engineering technical readiness.
ACE IT Solutions has been servicing SMB’s for over 10 years and help our clients with their IT, cybersecurity and risk management by delivering 24×7 services including NOC monitoring, help desk, project work and a full suite of security services. Our clients and industries include financial services, banks, auto dealerships, real estate development, property management, insurance, pharmaceutical and manufacturing. We have gained recognition as an elite technology and security solution provider and is proud to be listed as one of the top 500 MSP’s & top 200 MSSP’s in the world!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Managed IT/Cybersecurity MSP/MSSP and Cloud Service Provider servicing the SMB market in the New York Metropolitan Area.
- Maintain current certifications and SME level knowledge in key company technologies, with a focus on Microsoft Azure infrastructure and M365.
- Provide technical advisement which may include solutions or product recommendations, capability or compatibility clarifications, and solutions architecture that leverages the products and features available in Microsoft M365 and Azure.
- Act as project lead and/or project engineering resource when based on skillset or capacity demands.
- Lead the Standards Committee to ensure ongoing maintenance of company products and configuration standards to reflect current available solutions and future marketplace technology advancement.
- Provide technical advisement to the service delivery and professional services teams, in cases of incident escalation, project task escalation, problem handling, solution review, or other quality control reviews.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of all activities and systems of interaction.
- Advise company leadership on any current or future gaps in technical readiness that may impact service delivery quality or preparedness for new delivery requirements.
- Lead periodic micro-training sessions, demonstrations, and other initiatives to disseminate educational material throughout the company.
- 6+ years of architecting, planning, implementing and troubleshooting MS Windows based infrastructure, networking and application delivery solutions.
- 3 + years’ experience working for a Managed Service Provider required.
- At least 3 years’ experience architecting, planning, implementing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Azure based infrastructure, networking, security, PaaS, Azure AD (P1), (P2), and application delivery solutions including:
- Migration of non-Azure based infrastructure to Azure.
- Sizing and pricing proposed Azure workloads with a high degree of accuracy.
- Group-based access management and provisioning.
- Ability to grant conditional access based on location, device state, and group
- Intune/ End Point Manager / mobile device manager
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Identity management capabilities and device registration
- Provide SSO – Single Sign-On for an unlimited number of apps and unlimited users for those apps
- Identity protection
- Privileged Identity Management (PIM)
- Access reviews
- Implementation and administration of Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Deployment and administration of centralized Microsoft management systems for multiple client tenants/subscriptions.
- Deployment of all common types of Azure AD designs, native and those involving AD Connect, ADFS, and AADDS.
- Implementation and administration of Microsoft Endpoint Management and associated identity management.
- Implementation and administration of Microsoft Azure based SSO.
- Demonstrated progression of technical skills through independent initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and ability to communicate effectively with team members, vendors, and clients of varying personalities and technical experience.
- Proven ability to operate productively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable follow-up and using off-site connectivity and wireless communications tools.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can function autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality and continual process development and improvement.
- Possess valid and clear drivers’ license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required.
- ConnectWise and/or Automate experience preferred.
- Worked with IT Glue or similar documentation software.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept with documentation and reporting.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues.
- Comfortable working under pressure and ability to multi-task.
- At least three certifications that demonstrate a high degree of proficiency are required within these technology arenas, with a focus on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365:
- Microsoft Azure / Public Cloud (AZ-303, AZ-304, AZ-500, AZ-400, AWS CSA other)
- Networking (CompTIA Net+, CCNA, ECMS1, ECMS2, CBROP, other)
- Windows Server 2016+ (70-740, other)
- Microsoft 365 (MD-101, MS-101, other)
- Other advanced certifications may be substituted based on staffing needs.
We value our employees and appreciate their commitment to our organization. Your success at ACE IT Solutions is enhanced by our competitive compensation, based on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- PTO, sick leave, and holidays
- Collaborative company culture
- Regular reviews and advancement opportunities
In addition, we value employee growth through internal advancement and continued education opportunities as well as value work life balance. We are focused on building a family-like company culture, centered around our people.
Apply for this position with ACE IT Solutions.
Fill out the form to apply for this position.
The vCIO is responsible for establishing and maintaining client business level strategic relationships and is the business point of contact for the client. The vCIO meets with the owners/executives/point of contacts of our client companies to better understand their business goals and objectives. The vCIO meets with them regularly and facilitates the Quarterly Business Reviews…
The Junior Service Coordinator’s primary function is triage client requests by phone, email, and any other method. Responsible for supporting the Lead Service Coordinator to attain maximum utilization of internal and field technical resources through daily triage and dispatch of service requests. Assisting Lead Service Coordinator in assigning, scheduling and dispatching service engineers for remote…