Failure to adapt your cybersecurity strategy to changes in the threat environment could leave your company at risk. To keep up with the hackers, your cybersecurity strategy needs to evolve with the times and security teams must constantly adapt their approaches to predict new threats and prevent common exploits.
Hackers are constantly searching for new ways to compromise your security, yet few organizations actually make the time to evolve their own cybersecurity defense strategy. It all starts in the C-suite.
- Begin each new year with a review of your organization’s current and desired security posture.
- Bring security into the boardroom.
- Assess the people, processes and technologies within your organization and determine where changes need to be made to ensure an effective future security strategy.
- Create clearly defined roles and assign specific tasks to ensure that all security professionals know their responsibilities.
- Use tools that can help automate critical functions, such as account privilege and alert monitoring.
- Examine and fix the process itself first — rather than rely on technology alone.
Simply adding technology solutions isn’t going to make your company more secure. Employ a holistic approach. Take into account people, processes and technology when strategizing about cybersecurity.
ACE IT Solutions’ cybersecurity program is designed to ensure the security, integrity, and uninterrupted delivery of information so that we can support our clients’ growth objectives.