Just because your business is not subject to HIPAA or PCI regulations does not mean you do not have to worry about compliance and protecting your data from cyber attack. Any business that handles personal identifying information (PII) such as social security numbers, could face losses of up to $2,127 per record* if that data is stolen.
Here are 5 steps your business should take to lessen the risk of a breach:
- Assess your current cyber security risks and compliance with regulatory standards
- Remediate cyber security gaps
- Run regular security testing such as vulnerability testing and penetration testing
- Monitor you network for possible security breaches and take steps to remediate ASAP
- Create a culture of cyber security awareness by educating your employees about their role in cyber security risk
Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646.558.5575 for a free security assessment. We can help you identify risks to your organization and advise you on what can be done to make your business more secure.
*Based on HUB data breach cost calculator: https://www.hubinternational.com/business-insurance/cyber-risk-solutions/tools/data-breach-cost-calculator/