Microsoft has recently released Office 2016. We wanted to keep you updated about the newest features
What is different about Office 2016?
- Office 2016 is focused on mobility and collaboration/co-authoring and includes updates for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, OneNote, Project and Visio
- Office 2016 is all about the cloud and collaboration and is getting excellent reviews for its collaboration capabilities
- Users can collaborate on a document, spreadsheet or presentation in real time, seeing what they are editing as they make changes
- Create an Office document from your PC and then edit on your phone or tablet without having to worry about moving the file manually onto those devices
- Collaborative documents must be stored on a Microsoft cloud server, either OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or an Office 365 SharePoint site
- Smart Lookup, a new research tool powered by Bing, lets users right click on a word to run a Bing search and get more information, without leaving Word, Excel or PowerPoint
What is included in Office 2016?
Office 2016 Home & Business includes
- One Note
Office 2016 Pro includes all the above applications, plus:
What is the difference between Office 2016 and Office365?
In general, when you compare Office vs. Office 365, the most important thing to note is that Office 365 is always up to date, so you’ll never have to purchase upgrades or wonder if you’re using the most recent version. If you’re already an Office 365 subscriber, you’re getting Office 2016 for free, included with your membership cost. Office 365 subscribers receive monthly update with new features for Office. Traditional standalone copies won’t get the same updates that Office 365 subscribers will get automatically.
Where can I get more details?
See this link for details on on updated features for each Office application:
How do I upgrade?
Contact ACE IT Solutions if you are interested in upgrading and we can help you decide which version of Microsoft Office is best for your business.