Symantec has released its Internet Security Threat Report 2014 and has declared 2013 the Year of Mega Breach. The report, which provides an overview and analysis of the year in global threat activity, identified emerging trends in the dynamic threat landscape and gives businesses and idea of what they are up against when it comes to cyber security.
- 91% increase in targeted attacks campaigns in 2013
- 62% increase in the number of breaches in 2013
- Over 552M identities were exposed via breaches in 2013
- 23 zero-day vulnerabilities discovered
- 38% of mobile users have experienced mobile cybercrime in past 12 months
- Spam volume dropped to 66% of all email traffic
- 1 in 392 emails contain a phishing attacks
- Web-based attacks are up 23%
- 1 in 8 legitimate websites have a critical vulnerability
One thing is clear, cyber crime is on the rise, the threat has never been higher. A security breach could cost your business between $90 – $300 per record as well as a loss of customer and investor trust. Contact ACE IT Solutions for a free security assessment.
Download the report here