Not only was the “glitch” an embarrassment for the NYSE — when trading halted at NYSE, buying and selling quickly moved onto rival exchanges. Government officials said it did not appear that the technical troubles were due to hacking or sabotage, but there is much speculation as to how this could happen to a major institution.
Regardless of the cause of the technology disruption, the principles of protecting your network from hackers or “glitches” are the same:
- Real time backup to an off-site location
- Redundant systems for reliable, fault-tolerant failover
- Have a disaster recovery & business continuity plan and test it regularly
- Train employees in cyber security best practices and safe Internet use
- Understand the gaps in your security and failover systems
Could your business survive an unexpected technology “glitch”?
Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646.558.5575 today to schedule a complimentary technology assessment. We will evaluate your current infrastructure and provide customized remediation steps for the gaps in your network and your disaster recovery and failover plan.