If all your business data were to disappear in an instant, would your business be able to recover? How would you get all that information and all those missing files back? Would your business be able to function without access to mission-critical data? A business’ data, and it’s customers’ data, should be considered a valuable asset. As a valuable asset it must be properly protected.
Businesses that still rely on outdated, on-site backups are setting themselves up for a disaster from which they may not be able to recover. Cloud backup is the smart way to go as it gives businesses access to all their assets during major disruptions. In order to take full advantage of the benefits associated with cloud backup, businesses must put in place a backup policy that follows best practices.
- Back up mission-critical data during oﬀ -peak hours to avoid performance problems.
- Backups should be stored off-site and should not be located at the business’ primary location. When disaster strikes businesses will still be able to access its important data because it is located off-site in the cloud.
- All backups should be encrypted to protect data from falling into the wrong hands. Leading cloud vendors encrypt information, making
it harder for cyber criminals to decipher.
- Limit who has access to backups to avoid unwanted intrusions. Cyber criminals will take advantage of loopholes in unprotected technology to gain access to your data.
- 24×7 support is essential in case an incident occurs outside of normal business hours.
- Work with a reputable cloud vendor that has been properly vetted to ensure the security and accessibility of business data.
Business leaders who are considering adopting cloud backup solutions and want to ensure they enact a proper backup policy should consider the benefits of using business class services. Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646-558-5575 for a backup solutions that meets your business’ needs and budget. We leverage the innovative technological solutions provided by our best-in-breed technology partners to develop a system that ensures maximum protection, so you never have to worry about the security of your businesses’ critical data.