Out of all the threats that face individuals and companies, account compromise stands out as one of the most easily addressed with available and mature security technologies. Security minded businesses are implementing two-factor authentication (2FA) to dramatically reduce the risk of a security breach. Two-factor authentication is one of the best — and most affordable — ways to protect against remote attacks such as phishing, credential exploitation and other attempts to takeover your accounts. It makes a lot of business sense to deploy 2FA as one of your baseline cybersecurity measures.
Two-factor authentication reduces fraud and actual theft of sensitive information by implementing something much harder to defeat than a login password. Even “strong” passwords can still be fairly weak from an attacker’s point of view. With malware that easily detects them, passwords alone are a weak defense in relation to log-in security if that’s all you have.
Two-factor authentication strengthens your login security by requiring two methods, or factors, to verify your identity. These factors can include:
- Something you know – a unique username and password
- Something you have – a smartphone app to approve authentication requests
- Something you are – your fingerprint or a retina scan
By using two different methods, you can protect logins from remote attackers exploiting stolen or weak credentials.
The “old-school” method of using tokens doesn’t make sense for most businesses. Solutions that leverage the mobile phone as a reliable means of authentication are much more practical in today’s work environment. It is now becoming quite common for companies to leverage what everyone already has in the way of the mobile phone or standard phone, and use that device as a mechanism for two factor authentication.
By leveraging a device that your users already carry around – their smartphone – security is much more simple than other solutions that require carrying extra devices, like tokens, fobs and key cards.
ACE IT Solutions partners with Duo to deliver 2-factor authentication to our clients. Duo combines modern two-factor authentication with advanced endpoint security solutions to protect your users from account takeovers and data breaches. All without installing an agent on your users’ devices, preserving their privacy.
Duo 2-factor authentication benefits:
- Faster time-to-security for the broadest and fastest coverage, allowing you to deploy two-factor authentication for nearly any application within just hours.
- Advanced analytics into your user’s devices and security health
- Automatic updates are released every two weeks, sending the latest security and feature updates to your users’ devices.
- DUO provide a high-availability service split across multiple geographic regions, providers and power grids for seamless failover,
- With Duo’s one-tap app, users don’t need to ask for bypass codes to get around two factor. The app is quick and painless.
ACE IT Solutions can get two-factor authentication up and running in no time. Contact ACE IT Solutions at 646.558.6358 for pricing and more details about our 2-factor authentication solutions, delivered in partnership with Duo.