End of support for Office 2003 and Windows XP mean that SMBs are starting to rethink their PC strategy. More and more business are taking advantage of the cloud to keep workers productive and Microsoft Office 365 is a logical way to update out-of-date software and delve into the cloud at the same time.
Office 365 is a cloud-based service, hosted by Microsoft, that brings together familiar Microsoft Office desktop applications with business-class email, shared calendars, instant messaging (IM), videoconferencing, and file sharing. With Office 365, businesses get access to secure, familiar Microsoft productivity tools for a predictable monthly cost and no up-front infrastructure investments.
Be productive from anywhere
- Use Office across devices – PC, Mac, tablet, smartphone
- Sign into Office to access the latest version of a document and personal settings
- Sync files to devices using SkyDrive Pro for offline access and automatic re-syncing and backup
- When away from a device, sign into Office using a browser and quickly stream an Office application to a PC for full-experience viewing and editing
Share information easily and securely
- Conduct effective online meetings with multi-party HD videoconferencing, screen sharing, and real-time note taking
- Create a mailbox within a site to access team communications and documents directly from Microsoft Outlook
- Share documents from SkyDrive Pro or Microsoft SharePoint Online team sites with controlled access
Maintain control and manage access
- Simplify management with a single, web-based admin center
- Install Office on desktops quickly by streaming directly from Office 365
- Receive protection against malware, spam, and phishing
- Ensure files are safe with automatic backup
- Financially backed, 99.9 percent uptime guarantee
- Create data loss prevention policies and use templates for protecting sensitive information. Built-in policy education in Outlook informs users what they are doing wrong before the email is sent.
- Enable Rights Management Services and create access policies for your organization. Admins and users can use policies to restrict access to documents and email.
- eDiscovery integrates with advanced retention and archiving, enabling in-place legal hold and case-based projects.